Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Reggae festivals- Ostróda Reggae fest

Hey y'all, today I'm going to write a little about the line up at the biggest reggae festival in Poland, Ostróda reggae festival. I must admit that I'm there almost every summer because reggae music gives me a lot of peace n hapiness. I definetely prefer to go at the festival where I can meet wonderful and loving people than at the sea or in the mountains. Ostróda is a town in Mazury, around 5 h by train from Poznań. This year it's 17 th anniversary of the festival and I can't wait, fa real. This event lasts 3 days, from August 10th to 13 th. If someone will decide to go there at the last minute, you do not have to worry about place to sleep because there is a camp! Getting back to line up, you will have a possibility to see top reggae artist (as always because Ostróda's promoters try their best to book only the best musicians) as:
Shaggy (jam), Steel Pulse (UK), Big Youth (jam), Dreadzone (UK), New Kingston- the winners of last year's World Reggae Contest, my favourite Steven Newland (as independent artist, before he was the lead singer in Rootz Underground) and many many more.
This festival is a great chance to meet another cultures in one place. What's more there is always a big choice of food from Africa or Jamaica. During these 3 days we have our own Jamaica in Poland. What is important, this festival is also kids friendly (free pass for children under 12 yrs old), there is a separated space for playground, soap bubbles and other forms of animations. I can personally recommend it because when my sister was 3 yrs old I took her to Ostróda and she loved it! No hate, no racism, just a paradise. You are all VERY welcome. :)
For more info visit the official site of the festival:
https://www.ostrodareggae.com/ 
 
Bless up, Paula
 

No comments:

Post a Comment