Thursday, January 26, 2017

Jamaican cuisine



Hey y'all! Today Im gonna write a little about the best cuisine "inna da world"- Jamaican cuisine.. Very tasty, fresh,really aromatic and.. colorful :). I have to say that I cook better in a jamaican style than in polish but Im still developing my skills as well. The key in this kind of cuisine are fresh vegetables and fruits (unfortunately, in Poland, during the winter, it's hard to get) but we can overcome everything so it's always possible to get something nice. The real king in that cuisine, it should be a part of every dinner (as potatos in Poland) is.. Rice and peas in fact it it rice and bean but don't ask me why they call it like that ;) I couldn't stop eating that when I tasted it for the first time, for real!! Its often served with a vegetable sauce and/or with a fish.. An heaven on a plate, I can say.. Next, the most popular is Ackee and saltfish- in the company of boiled bananas and dumplings. A dish which really surprised me at first was a soup.. Im not a big fan of polish soups because Im not full after eating it.. But jamaican soup is a different thing! There are no mixed vegetables, sometimes there are really big pieces. My favourite one is corn soup which is a little spicy. And now, few pics of what I was talking about, zeeen! Maybe it will encourage u to try it but the best are always made by Jamaicans, no doubts! So if they prepared it for u, u would fall in love with all u eat, they have their own style, u feel that vibe even in the food. ATTENTION! IT SMELLS SO GOOD WHILE COOKING!:))

Rice and peas with vegetables:

  
Rice and peas with salmon (my favourite one):
 
Corn soup:
 
 and ackee and saltfish:


No comments:

Post a Comment